The pristine East Java countryside is best discovered on a good old bicycle, where off-the-beaten paths tempt with natural beauty and unspoiled wonders, where history and culture are preserved and celebrated, where tales of romance and mythical legends echo through the town lanes…
Blitar is a small charming town where most of the remains of the Majapahit Kingdom still stand timeless, including the largest and most beautiful Hindu temple complex in East Java, Candi Penataran. It is also the hometown and final burial ground of Soekarno, the legendary first President and proclamator of Indonesia’s independence. This nostalgic town is blessed with pristine beaches, lush tropical landscapes, beautiful rice fields and countryside charm.
Experience the simpler life of East Java with Hotel Tugu Blitar. Hop onto a bicycle, feel the fresh, cool breeze in your hair and let us guide you through rural Blitar on a leisurely cycling tour. These relaxing trips take approximately 6 hours/day.
The Bicycle Tour package includes:
• Bicycle rental
• Traditional snacks, seasonal fruit platter and freshly Tugu Kawisari Coffee, the very finest Java Robusta coffee from our own plantation on the slopes of Mount Kawi approximately 1 hour from Blitar
• Complimentary mineral water during the whole trip
• An English-speaking guide
• A must-visit is the Museum and Tomb of Soekarno.
• Stop by the handicraft center in Sentul Village.
• Explore Candi Penataran, the largest and most beautiful Hindu temple complex in East Java.
• Stop for a lovely picnic of traditional delicacies and fresh Tugu Kawisari coffee in the rice fields.
• Return to Hotel Tugu Blitar through Pasar Burung Dimoro (bird market).
• Cycle through the rice fields to pay a visit to a Koi fish farmer in Jiwut Village.
• Pass by rural areas on the way to Gledug Village to learn the process of making traditional palm sugar.
• Check out the starfruit plantation in Kelurahan Karang Sari.
• Enjoy a coffee break of homemade banana fritters and fruit platter in Taman Kebon Rojo.
• Visit Istana Gebang, Soekarno’s parents residence which now stands as one of the most visited historical sites in Blitar.
• Return to Hotel Tugu Blitar via the traditional markets of Pasar Templek and Pasar Legi.
The Bicycle Day Trip package is offered at USD 35++/ per person per day, with a minimum of two participants.
The price is valid until 31 March 2018.